The International Selkirk Loop, a non-profit organization, is made up of 370 member businesses that are working together to bring travelers into our communities and our businesses by promoting and marketing a 280-mile (450 km) scenic drive.
If you would like to have more traffic in your business, then you may want to join us. Over the last twenty+ years, our goal has been to promote and bring International recognition to one of the world’s truly unique and undiscovered regions encompassing Washington, Idaho and British Columbia. We have achieved significant success in meeting our goal and are continually looking for ways to add value for our members and the tourists who visit our region.
- Your business will receive the benefit of our regional adverting program in a variety of media that reaches more than 3 million people, all of whom are potential customers for you.
- You get the benefit of the numerous magazine and newspaper articles that are written about the Loop. All of it free publicity.
- You receive the benefit of awareness created through the distribution of 90,000 travel maps distributed in about 630 locations outside the region. We also distribute 50,000 travel guides via regional Visitor Centers, member businesses, travel & trade shows and mail directly to people who have requested information on the Selkirk Loop across the US & Canada.
- You receive a free listing in the 80-page Travel Guide in the membership directory published annually in January.
- The Travel Guide can also be downloaded via our website as a digital flipbook or pdf.
- You get the benefit of a full time staff person who looks after member requests, provides information to travelers, and promotes the Loop on a daily basis.
- You receive the direct benefit of being listed on our web site (www.selkirkloop.org), which gets approximately 800,000 hits annually. Your business will be listed on an average of 4-6 different pages.
- Receive direct inquiries from travelers seeking information from businesses in your listed categories.
- On the Town page where your business is located, linking directly to your full information.
- Under the 4 main categories: Activities; Food & Drink; Lodging; Places to Stay; and Business. You choose from over 50 categories by selecting 2 or 4 different categories that fit your business (see membership form).
- You receive a free hot link to your own web site plus a photo of your business and an unlimited word description of your business.
- Ultimately you get the benefit of more tourists visiting your community, which means increased traffic for your business.
If you would like to have all of the benefits offered by the International Selkirk Loop, please download a membership form (88KB pdf) which includes yearly dues investment, fill out and mail to ISL, PO Box 920, Bonners Ferry, ID 83805 USA or in Canada mail to ISL, PO Box 2079, Creston, BC V0B 1G0.