Whitewater's Winter Carnival & Snowball ApresJanuary 20, 2018 12:00 am - January 21, 2018 11:59 pmLocation: Whitewater Ski Resort, 1 Whitewater Rd, Nelson, BC V1L 5P7, Canada
Whitewater is excited to host the Whitewater Winter Carnival & Snowball Apres weekend! January 20th we will have tons of family activities throughout this exciting, and wintery day.
- Taffy Tasting from AFKO in the base area
- Kids scavenger hunt in the base area
- Facepainting at Freshies Coffee Bar
- Marshmallow roasting
- Live music from Kaslo's Lost Ledge
- Buffet Dinner from the talented Fresh Tracks Cafe
- Torch Light parade
- Shuttle Services Available
Retallack, is probably the most accessible of the area ghost towns. Remnants of its former mine buildings and homes along Highway 31A take you back to the mining heydays of this area. Originally known as Bell’s Camp, it was a shipping centre for the area’s mines. Before the turn of the century it had a population of about 300 with three hotels, several stores, a post office, a barber shop and a school.